All About Karrikin
Karrikin is set to launch their distillery in Fairfax as early as the fall of 2018. They’re looking at moving into a space in what was the old D&D Metal Supply site on Jonlen Street. Behind the project are some big names, including:
- Jeff Hunt who helped launch MadTree
- Mike Florea, Executive Chef and operating partner of Maribelles Eat+Drink
- Jeff Reichard, President of Holt & Reichard Inc.
- Dan Hueber, Owner of The V Collective
- Mike Powell, former Vice President of operations at Panera Bread
- John Pattison, creative director at Poject Red
- One more craft beverage innovator that has yet to be named
They look to turn the space into a distillery/restaurant and from what I’ve heard, a brewery as well. They hope to create unique profiles within the classic spirit styles, as well as introduce flavors from around the world offering innovate mixed cocktails, hard sodas, non-alcoholic soda and shareable food plates. In short, it sounds like they’re hoping to create a drinkers paradise.
Stay Tuned… as more information comes out, you’ll find it here!