If you’re a fan of Asheville, NC’s Hi-Wire Brewing you’ll be happy to hear the latest news that dropped into my inbox today. The brewery has released some information about their next three seasonal specialty releases, and they sound like they’re gonna be pretty tasty. Two of the beers are from their Sour & Wild Ale program, and the last release is a 4 pack of pint cans from their specialty program.
The brewery will be releasing the following this month:
- 4.2% ABV
- Tart Wheat Ale
- Brewed with Blackberries, Blueberries & Boysenberries
- Available in 4 packs of 16oz cans, and draft.
- Limited distribution in all of Hi-Wire’s footprint, as well as both taprooms starting 9/8/17
This refreshing and tart fruit bomb has huge aromas of jam and purple grape. Consumers should expect flavors of mixed berries and fruit punch in this bright purple sour wheat ale.
Sour Pumpkin Ale
- 8.6% ABV
- Uh… it’s a Sour, Pumpkin Ale.
- Available in 375 ml bottles, and draft
- Limited distribution the first week of September
- 9th Release from their Sour & WIld Ale program
This seasonal creation was inspired by time spent on Asheville’s Rayburn Farm, which quickly spawned the idea of crafting a single farm version of a pumpkin ale. All vegetables and additives were sourced on site, with all fresh ingredients, including roasted delicata pumpkins, cinnamon basil, and blue ginger.
Dry Hopped Brett Farmhouse Ale
- 5.5% ABV
- Farmhouse Ale, Dry Hopped with Brettanomyces Added
- Available only as a rare, taproom only bottle release.
- Batch #16 from their Single Barrel Series
Displays tasting notes of sauvignon blanc grapes and bright tropical fruit with a dry brett-heavy, oaky finish.